Monday, March 24, 2008

Virtual Reference Day 2

Well, I staffed the reference desk for two hours this morning and again, no bites. I broadcast a message several times and no one responded. I didn't want to appear to be hunting down people, so I only broadcast the message every 15-20 minutes.

This morning, I used some of the time to familiarize myself more with the library website, as well as the public library site. I renewed a few books I had out and explored the educational video collection at the ASU library. I also used some of the time to try to figure out my course schedule for the summer and next fall, but had some trouble getting the registrar's page to load.

Also, I used some of the time to do some reading for both of my classes. The chapter on biographies is interesting, and when I finish it, I'll blog about that here. Biographies are incredible things that I never really developed an interest for until college. I don't think I was really exposed to them in high school as I could have been, and when I did use them, just thought of them as being research materials and not as pleasure reading. I'm now discovering that there are plenty out there that while they are informative, are pleasurable to read also.

Maybe I'll have more luck with my reference desk hours this afternoon.

No comments: